wrt54g and freeradius

Gustavo Marcello pruebas at agro.uba.ar
Thu Jul 30 14:08:42 CEST 2009

Hello everyone.
I need to contact someone who knows how to do or able to use a lynksys
WRT54G to authenticate users against a freeradius server, I am having
trouble implementing it.
I already have the freeradius to work well with a mysql database and try
radtest works fine. But wanting to do this through the WRT54G does not
work.
I need someone who can help me. (I have the default configuration files.)

I think it is important to stress that I want the users not authenticate
can not access the network, ie, I do not want to use a hotspot system
... I want to deny access to the router if you do not have username and
password.
I already have a wifidog work well with freeradius and LDAP, but I do
not like the solution because users access the network before
authenticating.
Moreover, to implement this workaround, I could not use the WRT54G
because it has little memory and does not enter the open-wrt. I had to
use WRT54GL, which are very difficult to find in Argentina.

Thanks!

Gustavo.