Building a test tool

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 2 00:48:56 CEST 2009

Vinit Karandikar wrote:
> Not sure how radclient will help, Tim.
> Based on my limited exposure, I get the impression that I can use
> radclient to simulate 1 network element (like the PDSN).
> I'm trying to simulate 10 different ones simultaneously.

  So... run 10 copies of radclient.

> As mentioned in my initial email, I need the tool to simulate the PDSN,
> the Pre-Paid  Server and hosts of other network elements (possibly 10
> such like the Foreign AAA, the Carrier Exchange and so on...)

  What do those do?  Send RADIUS packets?  If so, radclient can likely
emulate them.

> Am I underestimating what the radclient can do ?

  It's not clear what you want out of a RADIUS client.

  radclient simulates a RADIUS client by sending packets, and looking
for responses.  If you need different functionality, you need to first
define what that functionality is.