stress test or performance test result

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 2 08:41:47 CEST 2009

Nizar Zulmi wrote:
> i just configure my RADIUS server with standard configuration. iam using
> intel pentium 4 processors with 512MB of RAM, and this is what i got, to
> perform stress test i am using Evolynx RADIUS load test??do you test
> your RADIUS with this tool??this the result i got

  We've just released a tool called "radperf".  It's a performance
testing tool from our company, Network RADIUS.  It's intended to be
similar to radclient, and to take some of the same parameters.

  It is very different, though.  It can:

   - accept usernames and passwords from a CSV file

   - use a template file to fill in the rest of the attributes
     normally sent by a NAS.

   - it can auto-generate accounting traffic based on the above
     data files

   - it performs better timing, and prints out better statistics
     than "radclient"

  We're also working on a GUI for it.  It can be downloaded at:

http://networkradius.com/radperf.html

  There are versions for the Mac, Windows, and Linux.  Please give
feedback.  We've tested the Linux and Mac version, but have done minimal
work with the Windows version.

  It comes with a "man" page, and a README describing common uses.