ippools and Pool-Name

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Wed Jun 3 02:01:23 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Alan DeKok wrote:

> up at 3.am wrote:
>> I am trying to configure a server-side IP pool for select pptp users to
>> bypass the NAS's internal pool.  The documentation appears sparse, but
>> this is what I've done so far:
>>
>> In raddb/radiusd.conf:
>>
>>         ippool users_pool {
>
>  The examples show it using "main_pool".  The name doesn't matter, but
> it's a hint:
>
> $ grep main_pool raddb/sites-available/*
>
>  You can re-name "main_pool" to "users_pool", if you want.
>
>  You have to tell the server to allocate IP's in the post-auth section,
> and to manage them from the accounting section.

Ok, I wasn't sure where the "post-auth section" even was...I had been
looking in the radiusd.conf...thanks for the hint.  I just added the
following to the raddb/sites-available/default:

accounting {
         #  Return an address to the IP Pool when we see a stop record.
#       main_pool
         users_pool

post-auth {
         #  Get an address from the IP Pool.
#       main_pool
         users_pool

Now I get this running debug mode:

   }
/usr/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[1824]: Failed to link to module 'rlm_ippool':
rlm_ippool.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[337]: Failed to find module
"users_pool".
/usr/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[314]: Errors parsing accounting
section.
Errors initializing modules

...and indeed, that file exists nowhere on the server.  Was it a part of
freeradius-server-2.0.4 ?

up at 3.am							    http://3.am