Configuring Freeradius with Ldap Windows Server 2003

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 3 07:29:27 CEST 2009

Hari Novferdianto wrote:
> Hi,
> How configuring freeradius with ldap windows server 2003 ?
> I do in my freeradius, when I installed it is
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freeradius --with-modules="rlm-ldap"

  That isn't enough.  You need to have the local LDAP libraries &&
header files on your system.

  FreeRADIUS does *not* implement the LDAP protocol.

> Until I'm configured in radiusd.conf
> It's Still
> radiusd.conf[744] Failed to link to module 'rlm_ldap': rlm_ldap.so:
> radiusd.conf[1956] Unknown module "ldap".
> radiusd.conf[1956] Failed to parse "ldap" entry.

  The module doesn't exist because it wasn't built.  It wasn't built
because the things it needs (see above) don't exist.

  Install the LDAP libraries && development header files on your system,
and then re-build FreeRADIUS.