ippools and Pool-Name

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Wed Jun 3 17:25:17 CEST 2009

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Alan DeKok wrote:

>  Because you don't have the GDBM libraries or header files.

Ok, I installed those, and while I was at it, installed the latest
radiusd.  The first error I got involved the "experimental"
raddb/sites-available/control-socket which was included in the old
radiusd.conf: $INCLUDE sites-enabled/.  I moved the file and radiusd
started and worked as it did before.

However, when I uncomment my ippool statement, I now get this:

  Module: Linked to module rlm_ippool
  Module: Instantiating users_pool
   ippool users_pool {
 	session-db = "$(raddbdir)/db.ippool"
 	ip-index = "$(raddbdir)/db.ipindex"
 	key = "%{NAS-IP-Address} %{NAS-Port}"
 	range-start = 172.16.1.2
 	range-stop = 172.16.1.253
 	netmask = 255.255.255.0
 	cache-size = 251
 	override = yes
 	maximum-timeout = 0
   }
rlm_ippool: Failed to open file $(raddbdir)/db.ippool: No such file or
directory
/usr/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[1824]: Instantiation failed for module
"users_pool"
/usr/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[337]: Failed to find module
"users_pool".
/usr/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[314]: Errors parsing accounting
section.
Errors initializing modules
-----

If I understand correctly, if I am running radiusd as root, shouldn't it
simply create the db. files itself when started?  I tried a "touch
raddb/db.ippool" but it changed nothing.

Again, thanks for your patience...

up at 3.am							    http://3.am