help HMAC-MD5

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 4 14:03:35 CEST 2009

Marco De Magistris wrote:
> Sorry, but I’m confused about HMAC-MD5 method.
>
> I’m working on Radius Proxy Implementation.

  If it's based on FreeRADIUS, then FreeRADIUS gets it right.

  If it's not based on FreeRADIUS, then we are *not* the global help
desk for RADIUS questions.  Go read the specifications.  That's what we
did.  Go read the FreeRADIUS source code.  It *is* publicly available.

> Radius Proxy sends the Radius Packet towards Radius Server using
> HMAC-MD5 method.

  Uh... no.  That is completely wrong.

> How to configure RADIUS Proxy? Should I add
> MD5-Password Attribute? MD5-Password is identical to Shared Secret
> between Radius Proxy and Radius Server?

  That, too, is completely wrong.

  Go read the specifications and the FreeRADIUS source code.