Reply-message and supplicant

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Jun 8 12:34:04 CEST 2009

On 8/6/09 11:27, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>    IIRC, there's a suggestion to do this, but the actual cut-off number
>> is vendor-specific.
>
> ..and i guess this cutoff is reported as an EAP failure and therefore kit
> configured to block/deny access will mean the eg the 3rd tunnel creation
> will be the last for some time....

Yes. Some kit has a configurable 'quiet-period'. So that after the EAP-Success or EAP-Failure message, it'll wait for a specified period before allowing another authentication attempt on that port. At
least this is true of ProCurve products, and it seems like a sensible feature so I'm sure Cisco et al will have implemented it too.

Arran

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk),
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer,