To proxy or not to proxy?

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Tue Jun 9 01:36:38 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I'm going to have a fairly simple setup whereby two freeradius 2.1.6
servers will be configured as "primary" and "secondary" on the NAS.
Each freeradius server will also be running mysql locally so that acct
and auth will be handled on the same box.  I'm going to use buffered-sql
as well, just in case mysql goes down or has issues keeping up with
updates.

Based on what I've read and understood, it doesn't make much sense to me
to use freeradius' proxy and home_server features in proxy.conf.  I will
have two realms, so I can configure those in proxy.conf. Other than
that, I don't think I need any other feature (in proxy.conf).

Is there a reason why I should consider using home servers and/or
proxies?  I guess I'm just trying to figure out if I'm shooting myself
in the foot by not using them.

Thanks,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux