DHCP code in 2.0.4+

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jun 9 10:26:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

> It's not a good sign that we bicker about terminology. Suffice it to say

whilst it was interesting that FreeRADIUS got DHCP support - certainly
for those that want to ensure policy actually works - I never thought we'd
get to have such fervent discussion about it :-)

now, historical context - a lot of questions have been asked about
eg freeRADIUS in 802.1X along the lines of 'authentication worked
but client didnt get an address' - of course, FR never handed out
addresses back then - it can now.

however, the main question is when will FreeRADIUS have to have a
new name?  8-)

FRANAS ? (free radius, authentication and network access server) 8-)

alan