New name to reflect new functionality (was RE: DHCP code in 2.0.4+)

Martin Lorentz ml at goetel.net
Tue Jun 9 12:07:03 CEST 2009

FreeRadius should always be called FreeRadius. It's almost a brand name,
which is very well known, and has an excellent reputation.

I agree the new stuff in FreeRadius needs way more attention. Virtually
no one i know associates Free_Radius_ with VMPS, nor DHCP.

>   I'd avoid the word "free".

I'd agree. (Open- is taken too. What about Flex-"Something".)

How could this be organized, in the source tree or elsewhere? A new
server core maybe called Flex-"Something" without any knowledge of
RADIUS, DHCP or the like? An "add-on" package called FreeRadius, another
called FlexDHCP? Kind of confusing, there must be a better way.

Best regards,
Martin Lorentz