my freeradius-2.1.6 is not auth with PIN only

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 9 16:59:55 CEST 2009

Goke Aruna wrote:
> I will be glad, if anyone can direct me to whare The log below is the
> part of the debug for the new test freeradius server 2.1.6 am testing with.
>
> However, the hotspotlogin,cgi is able to pass the param username to the
> radius

  It's not in the debug log below.

> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 44600, id=0,
> length=189

  ... there's no User-Name attribute.  The packet violates the RADIUS
specifications.  Yet, somehow, magically:

> Tue Jun  9 14:59:48 2009 : Info: [suffix] No '@' in User-Name =
"2345678901", looking up realm NULL

  There's a User-Name in the packet!  How did that happen?

> Tue Jun  9 14:59:48 2009 : Info: [sql]  expand: %{User-Name} ->
> 0x32333435363738393031

  And now the User-Name is different!

  You've managed to copy the Chillispot-Max-Input-Octets into the
User-Name.  Why?

  It looks like you've edited the dictionaries without knowing what
you're doing.  Don't do that.