accounting and radutmp problem

kalesameer kale.sameer.s at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:24:23 CEST 2009

I want to use mysql only for accounting purposes.I have uncommented the "sql"
and "sql_log" entries iin the various modules.
While users try to login,entries are being entered into the "radpostauth"
table of mysql.However, no entries are being made into the "radacct"
table.Can anyone please tell me the reason for this??
Secondly,in order to check the users logged on currently,we must use the
"radutmp"  file.However,no file of this name exists at
"/usr/local/var/log/radius".What may be the reason for this??
And what corrective action must i take for solving these problems??