Cannot get TTLS to work with inner protocol of mschap or PAP

carferna carlfernandes at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 05:42:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

   I am having trouble configuring free radius to use TTLS with inner
protocol of either mschap or PAP. Currently, I have TTLS working with the
default inner protocol of MD-5. But when I change the eap.conf file to use
mschap or PAP then I can't even get radiusd -X to start. I see the following
error:

rlm_eap:ttls:unknown EAP type mschap
rlm_eap:Failed to initialize type ttls

I would most appreciate if anyone can give me some pointers on this