Cannot get TTLS to work with inner protocol of mschap or PAP

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Wed Jun 10 10:50:13 CEST 2009

>    I am having trouble configuring free radius to use TTLS with inner
> protocol of either mschap or PAP.

Don't change a thing - it will work.

> Currently, I have TTLS working with the
> default inner protocol of MD-5. But when I change the eap.conf file to use
> mschap or PAP then I can't even get radiusd -X to start.

So, leave it as it was. Authentication protocol is set by the supplicant.
Radius server will follow whatever inner protocol is set. By changing
default settings in eap.conf you can save yourself one EAP challenge
-request exchange.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP