mysql errors when running freeradius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jun 11 10:55:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

> The debug code can be found below.

FreeRADIUS has a very verbose (and very good imho!) debug log. it pretty
much screams out what the problem is!

> rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4
> rlm_sql (sql): Processing generate_sql_clients
> rlm_sql (sql) in generate_sql_clients: query is SELECT id, nasname,
> shortname, type, secret FROM nas
> rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
> rlm_sql_mysql: MYSQL check_error: 1146 received
> rlm_sql (sql): database query error, SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type,
> secret FROM nas: Table 'radius.nas' doesn't exist
> rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
> Failed to load clients from SQL.

ta-da! there was a problem with the mysql config so therefore the SQL module
couldnt load up which meant anythign relying on the SQL module wouldnt work
and thus FR stops rather than running with broken config and neutered options.

from the above code, i would say that you've chosen to have your clients
in an SQL table..and you've configured this table to be radius.nas
and this table cannot be found in your mysql.

create the table using the supplied schema. populate it and it'll work.

or, if you want to use clients.conf for your clients then dont chose the
SQL clients configuration.

PS when we talk about CLIENTS in this context, we mean NAS devices - ie
the devices which talk to the RADIUS server daemon directly... not
'clients' on the network (eg wireless PC or dialup PC) - those devices
dont talk directly to the RADIUS server - they pass through the NAS

alan