[rad] Re: SOLVED Re: pseudo-newbie exec scripts and session-time

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Sat Jun 13 16:00:54 CEST 2009

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009, Alan DeKok wrote:
>  No... I had NO IDEA what you were trying to do.

I had gotten the impression that you don't read posts thoroughly,
and this only reinforces that perception. My very first post said:

    I've been cruising the archives and pages and don't quite see
    what I am looking for. I am hoping someone can point me to a nice
    simple HOWTO or MAN page for specifying an 'exec' script
    in radiusd.conf that will set the Session-Timeout and return
    it to the NAS.

    I'm thinking:
        Session-Timeout := %{exec:timecalc}

It clearly conveys my intention and my first attempt at code.
So with (dwindling) respect, if you can't get the IDEA from that
then you really are a serious waste of time.

Tell you what. You write me off as another stubborn stupid individual who
cannot see the 'common sense' in using the latest version of software, and
I will write you off as someone who cannot appreciate that people who
installed a piece of software when it was NEW would like to keep using
that software as long as it fulfills the needs of the system in a stable
secure fashion. I apologize for my ignorance, but not for sticking with
something that works.

- Charles