Logging data packet count to accounting table?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 15 10:43:23 CEST 2009

Maximilian Grobecker wrote:
> I'm using FreeRadius for authenticating DSL users. Additional to the
> Input- and Output octets I would like to log the transferred packet
> count for the actual DSL session.

  All of this data is generated by the NAS.  If the NAS doesn't send the
data in an Accounting-Request packet, it is impossible to get the data.

> I need this information to generate statistics - and in past i got this
> information from another (not local) Radius server, so I think, it
> should be not impossible.

  Then the NAS is sending the data.

> I didn't found any variables where this info is avaliable - is there any
> possibility to get this information?

  Why ask us?  Look in the packets sent by the NAS.  If the data is
there, then you're fine.  If it isn't there, then (maybe) fix the NAS so
that the data is sent by it.