Free Radius users record samples for SmartEdge router subcriber authentication.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 16 17:44:03 CEST 2009

Elias Abou Zeid wrote:
> I am trying a simple authenticate pppoe subscriber in radius server (v
> 1.188.2.4.2.11)

  That's a CVS revision string.  If it's in the binary you have, you're
running 1.1.x.  Your server is more than 2 years out of date.

> for subscribers coming through Redback SmartEdge 800
> router. As I am new to this I am looked for some examples for users
> configuration on RADIUS but could not find.

  Version 2.1 has greatly improved documentation, including many examples.

> I have tried something out
> but seems missing certain stuff:
>
> abc             Auth-Type := Local, Password == "passwd"

  In 1.1.7:

abs	Cleartext-Password := "passwd"

  Don't set Auth-Type.

>                 Service-Type = Framed-User,
>                 Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>                 Bind_Auth_Context = RADIUS
>
> Thanks for refering me to some examples.

  And what does the server say when you run it with "radiusd -X"?  This
is in the FAQ, README, "man" page, and nearly daily on this list.