[rad] Free Radius users record samples for SmartEdge router subcriber authentication.

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Tue Jun 16 17:54:52 CEST 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Elias Abou Zeid wrote:
> I am trying a simple authenticate pppoe subscriber in radius server (v
> 1.188.2.4.2.11) for subscribers coming through Redback SmartEdge 800
> router. As I am new to this I am looked for some examples for users
> configuration on RADIUS but could not find. I have tried something out
> but seems missing certain stuff:
>
> abc             Auth-Type := Local, Password == "passwd"

I notice the example in the comments of the 'users' file references
the check item "User-Password" not just "Password". That might
make a difference.

Another option: Are these users going to be in your local *nix
password file (for mail or login)? If so, then don't specify passwords in
the users file at all. Just use an Auth-Type += System, and let FR pluck
it from the system files.

- Charles