Disabling users

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Wed Jun 24 22:47:36 CEST 2009

Good afternoon all,

We recently retired our old ICRadius servers and installed FreeRadius.
We run two radius servers with a third server acting as master for the
radius data and as the accounting server. All is working well.

Billing has approached me with an issue where they need to disable a
user for lack of payment. Previously we simply changed their password
through our management system and they were then unable to reconnect.
Client calls, pays, we enable them again.

Currently we are noticing that because of DSL, and the fact we no longer
impose any limits on dialup, it may take weeks before a client is
disconnected and finds their password has changed.

I have read through the docs, looked into Session-Timeout and SQL
counters, but I do not see how to force a client to re authenticate.
What am I missing? What config information do I need to provide? What
information/manual/how to have I missed?

Thanks,

DAve
--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org