AW: freeradius 2.1.6 ldap + mschapv2 to authenticate

Johan Meiring jmeiring at pcservices.co.za
Thu Jun 25 13:54:03 CEST 2009

Wegener, Norbert wrote:
> Not only I have to thank Alan for this or that hint and the great software.
> Nowadays I find his answers amusing. They sound like a mantra:
> Read the documentation, post the debug output, don't change too much in the default configuration ....
>
> What is wrong with that answer?
> And knowing that one might get this kind of answer: Maybe one  thinks twice and reads a bit more through the docs before posting a question.
> In my opinion there are worse things than thinking twice.
> I know people that behave exactly this way just for that reason. And they solved most of their problems this way.
>
> FreeRADIUS is a project with a comprehensive documentation. Many -if not most - of the questions on the list could be answered by reading the wiki and the rest of the documentation. Knowing this I personally would find it hard to impossible to answer the same questions over and over again.
>
> Thanks Alan.

I have to FULLY agree.

Every single time someone has had a resonable request, Alan responded
immediately.

Personally I did not even know what the three a's in aaa meant when I
got involved with freeradius.

I got ALL the info I needed from the docs.
I configured a perfectly working solution without ONE question to this
list.  (A fairly complicated one - all the docs are there!!)

I started posting when I had a feature that did not quote work as
exepected.  (dynamic clients).

Alan even went to the trouble to commit some code to git just to help me.

I certainly cannot fault his behaviour.

I personally run about 8 technicians.
Whenever someone asks me for advice, I always ask them. "What is the
exact error"?
After asking for it the 100th time, I also get rude.

You should NOT have to say the same thing over and over again!!!

--

Johan Meiring
Cape PC Services CC