Accounting Start Queries getting lost

Henk Kleynhans henk at skyrove.com
Mon Jun 29 13:23:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

We are having an issue where, in some sessions, an Authentication Request is
sent successfully (and inserted into RADPOSTAUTH table), but the Accounting
Start Query is never run/received.

Subsequently, Accounting Update Queries come through, but fail due to the
fact that a relevant RADACCT session has not been inserted to begin with.

It only happens in a small amount of cases, < 1% of sessions, but
nonetheless opens us to loss of data that is not being billed for properly.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround? We're looking at changing the
Acct Update Query to insert a new session if it cannot find an existing one.

Any help will be appreciated.

henk

--
Henk Kleynhans
CTO & Founder
henk at skyrove.com
blog: www.geekrebel.com

------

"A person with ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others,
does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a
proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a
greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished,
when others are tortured or oppressed." - Desmond Tutu