Multiple Services - Single Login

Nick Huanca nick at greataukwireless.com
Tue Jun 30 00:12:39 CEST 2009

Thanks Ivan,

I am a little concerned with that as we have about 20 NASes and a national
Dialup plan (unknown amount of NASs). Can you assign multiple groups to a
user where in each group it will look for the "NAS-Port-Type?"

If I can at least distinguish between Async and Ethernet then I can work
around the VPN stuff.

Thanks,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Ivan Kalik <tnt at kalik.net> wrote:

> > I am curious to understand the best means of providing multiple service
> > authentications, such as PPPoE, Dialup, VPN, etc, via one login and
> > password. I have seen it done before by NAS-IP-Address but it would quite
> > cumbersome in our network. I was fooling around with the "NAS-Port-Type"
> > but
> > am having mixed results. Is there a better way to determine the type of
> > service?
>
> The only other thing that might distingush between those options would be
> Calling-Station-Id. For PPPoE it should be mac address, for VPN IP address
> and for dial phone number.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Nick Huanca
Inside Plant Manager

GAW High-Speed Internet
1300 Putney Rd
Brattleboro, VT 05301

[offices] (877) 220-2873
[direct] (802) 246-1192 x214
[mobile] (802) 380-7339
www.gaw.com
---
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any files
transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential, proprietary and/or legally privileged or protected
information.  If you believe you have received this communication in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this message.  Any use,
disclosure, retransmission, distribution, copying, or taking of any action
based on this information by any person or entity other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Because e-mail can be
altered electronically, the integrity of this communication cannot be
guaranteed.