Multiple Services - Single Login

Nick Huanca nick at greataukwireless.com
Tue Jun 30 17:44:18 CEST 2009

I have gotten it down to NAS-Port-Type but when I add multiple port types
(i.e. two groups to a user). It gives me a SQL cannot find the user error in
the log.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>wrote:

> Nick Huanca wrote:
> > I am curious to understand the best means of providing multiple service
> > authentications, such as PPPoE, Dialup, VPN, etc, via one login and
> > password. I have seen it done before by NAS-IP-Address but it would
> > quite cumbersome in our network. I was fooling around with the
> > "NAS-Port-Type" but am having mixed results. Is there a better way to
> > determine the type of service?
>
>   The NAS *should* put something useful into the packet.  If it doesn't,
> you're left with looking at the *entire* packet, and trying to figure
> out which packets are for which service.
>
>  Usually a combination of NAS IP address, NAS port, and Service-Type
> should do the trick.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Nick Huanca
Inside Plant Manager

GAW High-Speed Internet
1300 Putney Rd
Brattleboro, VT 05301

[offices] (877) 220-2873
[direct] (802) 246-1192 x214
[mobile] (802) 380-7339
www.gaw.com
---
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any files
transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential, proprietary and/or legally privileged or protected
information.  If you believe you have received this communication in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this message.  Any use,
disclosure, retransmission, distribution, copying, or taking of any action
based on this information by any person or entity other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Because e-mail can be
altered electronically, the integrity of this communication cannot be
guaranteed.