Implementing Filter-Id's with MySQL

Tawanda Kavayi tawanda at earth.co.zw
Mon Mar 2 11:10:13 CET 2009

Hi,

I am running a Freeradius server which queries a MySQL database (Vexim)
for authentication of dial-up users. I would like to create two classes
of dial-up users, Internet users and email-only users. The Intetrnet
users have full Internet access while the email-only users can only
access SMTP, POP and DNS services.

I am using a Livingstone Portmaster 3 NAS, and will create a filter,
emailonly.in to manipulate the IP traffic. My question is, how do I
configure Freeradius/MySQL to add the Filter-Id attribute to email-only
users and thus deny them full Internet access.

Regards,

Tawanda