Rejections

Thibault Le Meur Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Wed Mar 4 17:29:51 CET 2009

Jack D. Martin Jr. a écrit :
> I wasn't questioning your skills - trust me.  I have read many of your
> to me.  I am just looking for a solution.  Basically what I have is a
> billing solution that automatically suspends customers by scrambling their
> passwords.  When that happens - I don't want the customers to be rejected,
> but to be assigned to a different group.  Is that a better way of asking?
> What I am looking for is to not reject people with bad passwords, but to
> assign them a particular IP pool.

Then why don't you simply make your billing solution to put your users
exceeding their quota to an Exceeded_Quota group (either in sql DB or in
LDAp, or any backend).
Don't scramble their password.

This way an authenticated use belonging to the Exceeded_Quota group
would be assigned a given IP_Pool, and those not in this group would be
assigned another IP_Pool.

Does my answer make sense? (i admit I've not read the preceeding posts).

Thibault