Exec-Program-Wait and FreeRadius 2.1.1

Michael Schramm michael.schramm.mobil at envia-tel.net
Thu Mar 5 17:46:59 CET 2009

Hello,

we're about to migrate from Freeradius 0.9 to 2.1. During this we're
noticed, that the Atribute "Exec-Progam-Wait" and "Exec-Program" are
deprecated.
We used this feature to start a script (which generates special Cisco
AV-Pairs).
Our Freeradius backend is a mysql database.

Now my Problem is that the attributes doesn't work. So we tried with the
exec module. Thie works fine, but we want to execute different scripts
depending on the the group the user is inserted and I want to manage
this via Databse like it was in version 0.9. Can you give me a clue how
to deal with, because didn't find anything about this in the documentation.

Thanks a lot and best regards

Michael Schramm