proxy acct records best practices

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Mar 6 17:01:49 CET 2009

TR Missner wrote:
> Accounting packets are being written to disk using the detail function.
> Then I am shipping them off to the other radius by setting the listen
> object on the detail file.

  That should be fine.

> Even with load_factor set to 100 the speed at which the detail is read
> is very slow.
> There are some notes in the copy-acct-to-home-server example that talk
> about automatic throttling of the reads depending on the backend. This
> is what led me to question latency.

  It might be a latency issue.

> Is there any way to speed up the reading and shipping of acct records to
> another FR instance?

  Find out what the delay is, and fix it.

  I think we can add time statistics to a future version of the server:
 e.g. Where is it spending time?  Which module?  How fast does a home
server respond?

  That kind of information can be used to debug this sort of issue.