radiusd server does not respond to radtest from another host

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Mar 7 20:29:05 CET 2009

Hi,

> Next I tried testing radiusd using radtest from a 2nd host (10.10.10.10), which I had added previously added to the clients.conf (Note I can successfully ping the radius server 10.10.10.11 from this 2nd host 10.10.10.10).?But, I get no response from radius acc-request on either the radiusd terminal window or the radtest terminal window.

just like another current thread - have a couple of terminal windows
opn.

in one, run

tcpdump -eqnnntl -i eth0 port 1812  (change eth0 if necessary)

in the other, run

radiusd -X

now, run the test.  does anything show packets?  have you enabled
the firewall to allow port 1812 inbound from 10.10.10.10?

alan