What does 'radius -C' do? (2.1.3)

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 9 16:07:15 CET 2009

Hi,
> Mike Diggins wrote:
> >
> > According to the documentation, radiusd -C is supposed to "Check
> > configuration and exit." I was assuming that would catch errors in the
> > configuration that might prevent it from restarting. However, if I
> > intentionally mangle the configuration to the point it won't start, the
> > -C check still returns nothing. What am I missing?
>
>   Could you give *examples* of what doesn't work?
>
>   And which version are you running?  1.1.x might have "-C", but it
> definitely doesn't work.  2.1.x should be a lot better.

2.1.3 was mentioned in the subject title...

radiusd -XC does most things okay here...

radiusd: #### Skipping IP addresses and Ports ####
Configuration appears to be OK.

though i did note from its reintroduction into the code that it skips
the listening stuff. ponder if thats where his config is borked?

alan