Freeradius 2.1-1: failure modes

leopold vova_b at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 9 22:57:03 CET 2009

Thanks Ivan for your reply.
Regarding redundant databases:yes it can help because the problem will arise
only if all of them
sql1,sql2,sql3 are not reachable or dead.
We are keeping NAS table in database and do not use flat files

I am having another issue with "readclients = yes" option
I can't keep this option set to yes in all 3 files:
sql1.conf,sql2.conf,sql3.conf

I want to keep NASes in the database and use DB replication to all 3
databases so all 3 databases have exact same mirrored data.

The problem happens that it cannot load NAS table from sql2 because of
duplicates taht it cached from sql1.

Here is the error I am getting:
rlm_sql (sql2): Failed to add client x.y.z.w (someclient) to clients list.
Maybe there's a duplicate?

Is there any way around it other than using flat files for NAS?