Freeradius 2.1-1: failure modes

leopold vova_b at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 23:23:54 CET 2009

Ivan/Alan,
Other then killing radiusd are there any other solutions to force radius to
drop request if all databases cannot be reached ?

With the latest release 2.1.4 my failover works fine, but still if there is
a network issue connecting to ALL Databases I do not see any practical
reason returning Access-Reject as NAS treats radius as alive and cannot
failover to another radius server.

For my situation since radiusd keeps everything in DB and if ALL databases
cannot be contacted the radiusd should not respond at all.
Is there any way to force radiusd to drop request and not to respond with
Access-Reject?
Thanks for your reply.