accounting manipulation

Alexandre Chapellon alexandre.chapellon at mana.pf
Wed Mar 11 23:32:03 CET 2009

I have a working freeradius2 setup, in which I proxy accounting tickets
to many home_servers using details file writing and detail listeners.
For one of this home_server (let's call it HS1) I want to rewrite the
Acct-(In|Out)put-Octets and Acct-(|n|Out)put-Gigawords with a value*
taken from another home_server (let's call it HS2).
I thought I could you use the perl module to do the math in the
pre-proxy section of my HS1 Vhost, but i realised i have to ensure
rewriting of attributes have to be done after and only after proxying
accounting to HS2...
Teh problem remains in the fact proxying to HS2 and proxing to HS1 are
two separates virtualhosts... how can i ensure proxying to HS1 (and so
attribute rewriting) will be done only after proxying to HS2?

I am not a perl guru (either) is it possible to update attrbutes using
rlm_perl? how? (the wiki dind't told me much about it)

* Actually, the value should be the result of snmp or sql or else done
on HS2... with math operation done on it to get the new
Acct-(In|Out)put-Octets and Acct-(|n|Out)put-Gigawords values.... OMG
i'm not sure it's very clear!