Dropping requests when no authentication possible

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Mar 15 10:37:35 CET 2009

Chris Phillips wrote:
> Yahooooooo! that's the one! Debug instantly said that it will stop
> processing the request and no response is to be sent. Brilliant.

  OK.  In order for this to work properly, you WILL need to grab the
latest "stable" branch from git.freeradius.org.  It has another fix that
prevents the server from responding on client re-transmits.

  I've also added a sample policy in raddb/policy.conf.  You can now do:

	redundant {
		ldap1
		do_not_respond

  Which says "if ldap1 fails, do not respond"

  That's a lot easier to understand.