peap not working for windows XP client

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Sun Mar 15 18:59:33 CET 2009

>the  username i am using  is scoe,the domain name is ITDEPT.COM,the password
>is testing

So, you need to strip out the domain.

>i am using a single access point as client and i am not using any proxy
>server.
>Is it still necessary to make the changes in proxy.conf file??

Yes, you won't be proxying anything. It will be a local realm.

>I ve understood my mistake in the mschap module.

I a way - yes. It doesn't know what is DOMAIN\username (but it did warn
that User-Name looks like that). So, enable ntdomain (in authorize just
under suffix), ntdomain hack (in raddb/modules/mschap) and enter your
domain as local realm in proxy.conf:

realm ITDEPT.COM {
}

Server will then look for username scoe (not ITDEPT.COM\scoe), find the
password and authenticate the user.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP