A couple of NAS servers with same Port ID problem.

Piero Giobbi piero at news.fb.se
Mon Mar 16 14:29:59 CET 2009

Hi all.

This is probably a silly question but i can't solve it by myself. I
have a couple of WLANS (Proxim AP4000), works great with FR but im
having some accounting trouble (guessing), i get a lot of these in my
log:

Mon Mar 16 14:01:43 2009 : Error: rlm_radutmp: Logout entry for NAS
wlan-serverummet port 9 has wrong ID
Mon Mar 16 14:02:46 2009 : Error: rlm_radutmp: Logout entry for NAS
wlan-konferens port 9 has wrong ID
Mon Mar 16 14:02:47 2009 : Error: rlm_radutmp: Logout entry for NAS
wlan-access-happy port 9 has wrong ID
Mon Mar 16 14:03:02 2009 : Error: rlm_radutmp: Logout entry for NAS
wlan-konferens port 9 has wrong ID

One of my clients in client.conf

client 10.0.4.190 {
        secret          = xxxxx
        shortname       = wlan-xxxx
        nastype         = other     # localhost isn't usually a NAS...
}

I tripplechecked the shared secret.
The authentication works, clients can connect.
What does rlm_radutmp do? Could i turn it off in my config (what would
happened)?

Should i specify different NAS-PORTS for each NAS-server? I feels like
this is the problem but i can't find any info on how to do this. I
glanced att the huntgroups-file but that doesn't feel like the place
to solve this. I have googled for this problem but haven't found
anything.

OR - could it just be that Proxim AP4000 is not handling these logouts
correctly, a hardware problem?

Regards