Modifying EAP Messages

Enrique de la Hoz enriquedelahoz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:12:56 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

We are trying to develop a module to make possible to add extra information
to EAP Messages. We are employing rlm_perlo module. Up to now, we have been
able to add new EAP-Message attributes to the RADIUS response packets but we
cannot figure out how to modify the current EAP-Message already addedd. It
is assumed (from RFC 3579) that multiple EAP Message attributes will be
concatenated to form a single EAP Packet but the thing is that we do not
receive the added information in our supplicant.

Two questions arise:
 1) Is it possible to modify EAP-Message attributes from perl modules?
 2) If not, should we go through a per EAP-athentication method C source
code modification?

Thanks in advance,

--
Enrique de la Hoz de la Hoz