Radius and performance

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Tue Mar 17 12:32:47 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:39 PM,  <tnt at kalik.net> wrote:
>>On a DSL environment where users are mostly
>>auto-connect (i.e. modem redials automatically when disconnected)
>>interim updates seems to contribute most load.
>
> Do all updates come at the same time? Using buffered-sql or such virtual
> servers is designed for that. default will reply to the NAS instantly
> and then pass on the requst to buffered-sql to process the requests at
> it's own pace. That will even the load.
>

> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

How does buffered-sql read the detail file? I see

filename = ${radacctdir}/detail

but it does not show (for example) what happens when freeradius is
stopped and restarted before all entries in the detail file processed
: Does it re-process everything, or does it ignore everything and only
process "new" detail log.

Regards,

Fajar