FreeRadius only works in debug mode

Greg.Webster at westfraser.com Greg.Webster at westfraser.com
Tue Mar 17 19:55:11 CET 2009

Hello all,

My other email to the list from last week appears to have disappeared into
the ether...probably too big with the whole config file.

Hopefull someone can offer advice on this issue. If I start up radiusd (on
SuSE/OES linux, install from Yast) with the standard script in init.d it
doesn't open up the port or authenticate.

However, if I add the debug parameter (-x) to that same script, it works
just fine.

For example, if I change this line in /etc/init.d/radiusd ...
startproc $RADIUSD_BIN > /var/log/radius/radius.log
... to this ...
startproc $RADIUSD_BIN -x > /var/log/radius/radius.log
... it authenticates beautifully.

Googling around it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem, but
the only solution seems to be a manual recompile.

Help? Thanks in advance!

Greg Webster

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential.  Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me by return e-mail, do not open any attachment and delete this communication and any copy.  Thank you