MacOS X Leopard version of FR crashing with segmentation fault

Randall Newman rnewman at waksman.rutgers.edu
Wed Mar 18 16:51:10 CET 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm another newbie here trying to figure out a problem with the Apple-
fied version of FR that ships with MacOS X 10.5 Leopard Server.
according to -v its  v 1.1.4 with security changes through 1.1.7

For the most part it works fine. Our clients are authenticated without
any problems, but fairly frequently i'm getting segmentation faults
and it quits. Apple support has been no help (not surprising). Also,
i've been running FR in debug mode and noticed that I can start it
with radiusd -X but using -x or -xx doesn't work. I'm quite new to
Radius and may be overlooking something obvious. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.

-Randy