EAP/TLS -- FreeRadius -- 802.1x

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 18 17:14:54 CET 2009

phil lemelin wrote:
> I have been reading about FreeRadius, 802.1x, EAP/TLS and XSupplicant. I
> came accross a link that doesnt work in the freeradius wiki about
> exactly those subject but I found something on the linux documentation
> project ( http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/8021X-HOWTO/ ) which seems
> to cover this subject.

  See the wiki.  It contains a number of howtos, including for EAP-TLS.

> I was wondering if users here have experience with this subject and have
> more documentation on the subject. My main concern being that most
> documents on the subject date back to 2004 and I dont know if they are
> still valid with the freeradius version i'm using ( 1.1.3 -> CentOS
> install ).

  Ugh.  I would really suggest upgrading the server to something recent.

  My web site contains simple howtos for getting EAP to work:

http://deployingradius.com

  Most of it should be applicable to 1.1.3, but you'll have to read the
configuration carefully to know more.