MacOS X Leopard version of FR crashing with segmentation fault

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 18 18:21:07 CET 2009

Randall Newman wrote:
> For the most part it works fine. Our clients are authenticated without
> any problems, but fairly frequently i'm getting segmentation faults and
> it quits. Apple support has been no help (not surprising). Also, i've
> been running FR in debug mode and noticed that I can start it with
> radiusd -X but using -x or -xx doesn't work. I'm quite new to Radius and
> may be overlooking something obvious. Any help would be appreciated.

  Check the file permissions on the configuration directories.  The
command-line option "-X" means "run as whoever started the server",
usually root.

  "-x" means "print more debugging output", but it can still change
uid's.  See radiusd.conf for details.

  You may also try upgrading to a recent version of the server.  It
works on Mac OS X, among many other platforms.