Adding users in the database from a client computer

Joeven Rex Dizon jrldizon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 07:28:11 CET 2009

Again, I'm a relatively new freeradius user so I am not really an expert
with it.

In our project, we need to "add" and "delete" users from the server database
from an authorized client computer.
And we're a little confused on how adding and removing users work. When the
client makes a request to add a user in the database, does it simply ask
access in the mysql backend of the server, or make the request to the server
first, and the server itself will "request" its database backend to add the
user?

How exactly do we request an addition or deletion of a user? Do we use the
simple sql queries in the radcheck table?

By the way, we've already configured the server to allow access from this
client computer in the clients.conf file.
We've tested it using radtest in it receives an access-accept packet.

Our installed version is 2.1.0+dfsg-0ubuntu2, running on Ubuntu 8.10.
The backend database we used is MySql.

Thanks in advance.

--
Joeven Rex L. Dizon