radclient: problem with exit code 0 and 1

oz oz at bluemonk.de
Thu Mar 19 11:23:53 CET 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:
> oz wrote:
>> the normal behavior of radclient seems to get lost somewhere in the
>> versions later than freeradius-0.7, where it worked:
>
>   That's nice... but 1.1.x will NOT be fixed.
>
>   I've committed a fix that will be in the next release of the server.
> If you need this functionality, upgrade.

Thanks, but for some reasons I cannot do updates to the upcoming release on
that server. So I compiled 0.7 this morning, just to get the radclient tool
from that release. It was succesfully built, yeay, but has another bug with
masking the password when it is used in the radtest-script :-/

  Sending Access-Request of id 110 to 192.168.X.X:1812
         User-Name = "testuser"
         User-Password = "\360\213[p\224\212I\314\217\343\361\214\370\326\351$"

Do you have an idea, which freeradius version after 0.7 has a working exit code
1, but is free from that other problem with the password-masking? Then I'd like
to try that.

Else I would have to test-compile the 19 releases between 0.7 and 1.1.7 for a
possible workaround.

oz