radclient: problem with exit code 0 and 1

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 19 11:55:46 CET 2009

oz wrote:
> Thanks, but for some reasons I cannot do updates to the upcoming release
> on that server.

  Uh... you *can* run just radclient from the new version of the server.
 You don't have to upgrade the server to run radclient.

  Just make sure that the new version is installed in an independent
directory, and isn't in the PATH.

> So I compiled 0.7 this morning, just to get the
> radclient tool from that release. It was succesfully built, yeay, but
> has another bug with masking the password when it is used in the
> radtest-script :-/

  Stop wasting your time with old versions of the server.  We can't help
you fix, or understand, code that is many years old.  It's not worth
*our* time to re-debug problems that were found and fixed years ago.