A couple of NAS servers with same Port ID problem.

Piero Giobbi piero at news.fb.se
Thu Mar 19 14:57:26 CET 2009

Thx for the answers Alan.

Piero Giobbi wrote:
> This is probably a silly question but i can't solve it by myself. I
> have
> a couple of WLANS (Proxim AP4000), works great with FR but im having
> some accounting trouble (guessing), i get a lot of these in my log:

  The AP's don't do accounting "well".

> I tripplechecked the shared secret.

  That's not the problem.

> The authentication works, clients can connect.
> What does rlm_radutmp do? Could i turn it off in my config (what would
> happened)?

  It shows who is currently logged in.  If you don't need to know that,
delete the references to radutmp from the configuration files.

> Should i specify different NAS-PORTS for each NAS-server?

  No.

> OR - could it just be that Proxim AP4000 is not handling these logouts
> correctly, a hardware problem?

  The AP is giving different information for the accounting start &&
stop.  Not surprisingly... this is allowed by the RADIUS RFC's.