radclient: problem with exit code 0 and 1

oz oz at bluemonk.de
Fri Mar 20 09:11:18 CET 2009

Hello,

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   I've committed a fix that will be in the next release of the server.
> If you need this functionality, upgrade.

I tried your git repository as described on freeradius.org. I do not understand
the versioning scheme, but I downloaded the fixed stable tree (upcoming 2.1.5?)
and built it without 'make install' on my AMD64-Machine. The problem in
radclient is fixed, thank you Alan!

I just had to append the new dictionary path in my scripts, because the
dictionaries of my old inst do not work with the new radclient:

./radclient -d /usr/local/src/radiusd/share -f /home/me/radpacket -x
192.168.X.X:1812 auth secret123

Thanks for your fast help!

oz