How to log failed login attempts?

bastardinho69 bastardinho69 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 11:19:50 CET 2009

Hi,

i am using FreeRADIUS 2.0.5. Successfull logins into cisco routers are
logged great (using Accounting), but i need to log also the failed
attempts. In /var/log/radius.log radius does log the failed attempts,
BUT if in clients.conf i have created client as 10.0.0.0/8 (a network,
not a host), then in the log file i will see the NAS ip address
10.0.0.0/8, which is not enough. I need to see the exact NAS ip address.
It would be insane to add every single router into the clients.conf
file, so i assume there is a way how to solve this.

I hope u guys can help me, i will appreciate it ;)
Thanks.