proxy questions

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 25 17:47:32 CET 2009

Sebastien Boucher wrote:
> we are currently using FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.1 that authenticates
> local users via LDAP

  Um... upgrade.  Really.

> I am trying to setup an IPASS realm for another company and can't get any
> success .. here is what i have done so far:
>
> i have the following in radiusd.conf

  ... realm configuration

> this what i get when i run radiusd in debug :
> rlm_ldap: object not found or got ambiguous search result

  Ok... so you've showed us the realm configuration, and are then asking
why the LDAP module doesn't work.

> i am sure i am missing something .. if i understand radius is trying
> to validate it in LDAP before sending the proxy request to the other
> server

  Yes.  That's what you configured it to do.  If you don't want it to
look up the user in LDAP, update the configuration so that it doesn't
look them up in LDAP.

  This is easy to do in 2.x.